1. 80% of Americans with internet access have made an online purchase in the last month.
2. Millennials and Gen Xers spend 6 hours per week shopping online; Baby Boomers spend 4, and Seniors 2.5 hours.
3. Parents spend more of their shopping budget online compared to non-parents (40% vs. 34%) and spend more time shopping online per week (7 hours vs. 4 hours).
4. Last year, men spent 28% more money online than women.
5. Americans in metropolitan areas spend more money online than suburbanites or rural customers.
6. Shoppers on third-party marketplaces spend more time searching and also spend more money per-purchase than those who visit branded stores.
7. The top three factors in determining where Americans shop are price (87%), shipping cost and speed (80%) and discount offers (71%).
8. 30% of online shoppers say they are likely to make a purchase via a social media network like Facebook or Pinterest.
9. 55% of e-commerce sales are done through branded stores vs. 45% through third-party marketplaces.
10. 43% of online shoppers have made a purchase while lying in bed.